IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2012
Eligibility criteria specified in the notification is the basic criteria for applying to the IBPS Clerk exam. This may not be the actual criteria for the selection in any of the 20 Public Sector Banks as each Bank will set its own eligibility or qualifying criteria.
Candidates who clear the eligibility criteria of IBPS, they can apply for the CWE Clerk exam. When any bank release recruitment notification, candidates can apply to that bank according to the eligibility criteria of that following bank if they satisfy their requirement.
IBPS Clerk Exam Eligibility Criteria
Nationality / Citizenship:
Candidate must be either -
- A Citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (1), (2), (4) & (5) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Minimum Age Limit – 20 Years
Maximum Age Limit -
- For General Candidates: 28 years
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe: 33 years
- Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer): 31 years
- Persons With Disabilities: 38 years
- Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen: actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years
for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years
- Widows, Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried: 37 years
- Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89: 33 years
- Persons affected by 1984 riots: 33 years
- Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only): 33 years
- Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- Computer literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
- Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
- Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculate Ex-Servicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union.
IBPS Clerk Other Details
- IBPS CWE List of Banks
- IBPS Clerk Notification 2012
- IBPS Clerk 2012 Application Form
- IBPS Clerk 2012 Fees
- How to Apply for IBPS Clerk 2012
- IBPS Clerk 2012 Important Dates
- IBPS Clerk 2012 Admit Card – Hall Ticket
- IBPS Clerk Syllabus
- IBPS Clerk Model Question Paper
- IBPS Clerk Result 2012
- IBPS Clerk 2012 Answer Key
www.ibpsresults.in provides materials and news on IBPS exam question papers, to get more updates on IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2012 answers solution please join our Facebook page by Clicking on Like button, and you can get daily updates on IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2012 or keep checking this page for more current news on IBPS exam recruitment result score card